2019 BMW C 400 GT Design. Subscribe.
The highlights of the new BMW C 400 GT:
– Efficiency-optimised single-cylinder engine with a capacity of 350 cc, high torque and CVT gearbox.
– Highly compact design with wet sump lubrication.
– 25 kW (34 hp) at 7 500 rpm and 35 Nm at 6 000 rpm.
– Electronic fuel injection, digital engine control and ASC.
– Suspension with rugged tubular steel frame.
– Torsionally stiff drivetrain swing arm with innovative swing arm bearing for minimum vibration.
– Telescopic fork at front and two spring struts at rear with ample spring travel.
– Powerful braking system with ABS as standard.
– Passenger footboards instead of separate footrests.
– Seat with separate rider backrest.
– LED lighting technology as standard.
– LED daytime riding light as option.
– Keyless Ride as standard.
– Connectivity: Multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5-inch full-colour TFT screen and numerous features as an ex-works option.
– Distinctive, dynamic design.
– Increased wind and weather protection and sophisticated ergonomics.
– Generous storage space with two storage compartments and flexcase.
– Attractive colour variants with different characters.
BMW Motorrad established its new product category in the area of urban mobility in 2011 with the debut of the C 600 Sport and the C 650 GT as premium vehicles for the maxi scooter segment. These were then followed by the C 400 X, which was first presented in autumn 2017 – a dynamically oriented premium vehicle for the mid-size scooter segment. Now BMW Motorrad introduces the BMW C 400 GT, the Gran Turismo variant of the mid-size scooter, geared towards further increased comfort and enhanced touring capability. Whether riding into the city centre, travelling to the office or enjoying a tour after work or at the weekend – the new C 400 GT is the perfect partner on which to enjoy free-time riding to the full: not just as alone but with a passenger, too.
The C 400 GT is powered by the efficiency-optimised single-cylinder engine with an output of 34 hp (25 kW) as is also used in the C 400 X. Power transmission is via a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) gearbox and a torsionally stiff drivetrain swing arm with innovative swing arm bearing for minimum vibration and therefore maximum comfort. Automatic Stability Control ASC ensures increased safety during acceleration, especially on slippery surfaces.
Like the BMW C 400 X, the new C 400 GT features a rugged tubular space frame made of steel. Suspension and damping are taken care of by a telescopic fork at the front and two spring struts at the rear. The set-up and spring travel have been selected so as to ensure that sporty, dynamic riding fun is combined with a very high level of comfort. Supreme brake performance and outstanding safety are provided by the twin disc brake at the front in conjunction with a single disc brake at the rear, along with ABS as standard.
In addition to standard lighting in LED technology, the new C 400 GT also offers a range of highlights in the area of connectivity that are new to the segment. A multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5-inch full-colour TFT screen is available as an ex-works option, for example. In conjunction with the further advanced BMW Motorrad Multi-Controller offering integrated operation, this means the rider can access vehicle and connectivity functions quickly and without being distracted from what is happening on the road. In addition to the convenience of being able to use the phone and listen to music during travel, there is also the benefit of effortless navigation by means of a practical system of arrows.
In terms of its styling, the new C 400 GT can be instantly identified as a member of the BMW Motorrad C family: it is elegant and functional in appeal – always ready and waiting for laid-back urban cruising or else more extended tours with a passenger. Viewed from the front, it is dominated by the aerodynamically designed twin LED headlight with the distinctive design of the LED daytime running light (country-specific) in the form of fibre optic elements. Together with its smooth and very organically designed body element with integrated turn indicators, this ensures the new Gran Turismo for the mid-size scooter segment is clearly set apart from its competitors.